WHAT TO EXPECT BEFORE SURGERY:
Your surgery will be scheduled by your surgeon’s office. A member of our office staff and our clinical staff will contact you prior to your surgery to discuss your insurance and demographic information, health history, medication list, and surgical procedure.
PREPARING FOR YOUR SURGERY:
It is Important for you to follow these guidelines day of the surgery to prevent delays or cancellations.
- Please notify your physician or Orlando Surgery Center if there has been any change to your medical condition, like cold, fever or illness since your surgery was scheduled.
- Orlando Surgery Center will contact you the day before your surgery to confirm your surgery, the surgical procedure, arrival time, and review any instructions. Patients scheduled for Monday surgery will be contacted the Friday before their surgery. If you do not receive a call by 4:00 PM please call (407) 801-3888 and ask to speak with a Preoperative Nurse.
- Please arrange for a responsible adult to drive you to and from the Orlando Surgery Center and remain with you for 24 hours following surgery. A responsible adult is to remain at Orlando Surgery Center during your stay.
- No food, drink, not even coffee or water, after midnight before your surgery! You may brush your teeth – remember not to swallow anything. Refrain from chewing gum or mints as well. Failure to follow these instructions may result in cancellation of your surgery.
- If you are a diabetic, on blood pressure or heart medications, or on any other medications, please obtain specific instructions from your surgeon or contact the center.
- If you wear glasses, contacts, or hearing aids, please bring a protective case for them. You will not be able to wear them during surgery. If you wear dentures, we will provide a denture container if needed. Dentures will be removed prior to surgery.